The founder has been an invited speaker at international conferences, including CMG2015 and ICPE2016 and its co-located workshops and tutorials.
Recent Invited Talks at Conferences
- Integrating Software and Systems Performance Engineering Process into Software Development Processes. Opening plenary talk at CMG2015, San Antonio, Texas, November 2015. Also presented as a webinar hosted by the Computer Measurement Group, August 2015.
- Tutorial at the International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE2016), Delft, the Netherlands, March 2016. Subject: Incorporating Software and Systems Performance Engineering Process into Software Development Processes.
- Keynote address at the Large Scale Testing Workshop (part of ICPE2016), Delft, the Netherlands, March 2016. Title: Automated Analysis of Load Test Results of Systems with Equilibrium or Transient Behaviour
- Best Practices for Writing and Managing Performance Requirements. Invited tutorial, SPLASHCON/OOPSLA 2013, Indianapolis, October 2013.
Other Invited Presentation
- Methods and Processes for Ensuring the Performance of Software Systems. Princeton ACM/IEEE-CS Meeting, November 2014. Also presented at Computer Science Dept. colloquium, The College of New Jersey, March 2015.
- Automating the Analysis of Load Test Results to Assess the Scalability and Stability of a Component-Based of SOA-Based System. Computer Science Department, University College London, July 2009.
- Best Practices for Writing and Managing Performance, Reliability, and Availability Requirements, Tutorial, WICSA 2007, Mumbai, India, January 2007.
- Experience with Performance Engineering in an Agile Development Process. Computer Science Department, University of Helsinki, October 2006; IIT Bombay, January 2007.
- Performance-Related Characteristics of Scalability and Their Consideration in Systems Architecture and Design. Philadelphia Computer Measurement Group, June 2004; Computer and Information Science Department, New Jersey Institute of Technology, November 2004.
- Performance Testing and Scalability Analysis. Fraunhofer Institut, Berlin, April 2004.
- The Future of IT: A Performance Engineering Perspective. Invited panelist at the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Department of Computer Science, Purdue University, March 2003. Slides may be downloaded from http://www2.cs.purdue.edu/40th/infotech.html.
- Characteristics of Scalability and Their Impact on Performance. Princeton Chapter of ACM, April 2001.
- Maintaining Service Performance in Case of Failure: A Practitioner’s Experience and Thoughts on Where Queueing and Reliability Intersect. The Laurence Baxter Memorial Lecture. SUNY Stony Brook, April 2000.
- Experience with Performance Engineering in an Agile Development Process, JAOO 10th Annual Conference, Aarhus, Denmark, October 2006. Session Chair: Eberhard Wolff.
- Problems in Expediting Protocol Processing: Performance Analysis of Kernel Mode Priority Scheduling and Front End Protocol Processing. ORSA/TIMS Applied Probability Special Interest Conference on the Analysis and Control of Large Scale Stochastic Systems, Chapel Hill, N.C., May 1988. Session Chair: Prof. N. van Dijk, Free University of Amsterdam.
- Decomposition Approaches to Modeling Problems in Computer Networks. ORSA/TIMS Conference, St. Louis, October 1987. Session Chair: Prof. J. Gani, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Numerous talks and panels at internal workshops at Siemens and AT&T Labs.
- Invited to give talks at the following institutions: Dept. of Computer Science, University College London; Dept. of Computer Science, University of Helsinki; IIT Bombay; Dept. of Computer Science, Stanford University; Dept. of Computer Science, Rutgers University; École Nationale Superieure des Télécommunications, Paris; Institute Nationale des Télécommunications, Évry/Paris; Twente University, Enschede; Free University of Amsterdam; Computer Science Institute (CWI), Amsterdam; National Bureau of Standards; School of Industrial Engineering, University of Arizona; Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Dartmouth College; Dept. of Computer Science, University of Maryland; Dept. of Computer Science, University of Arizona; Dept. of Applied Probability and Statistics, University of California, Santa Barbara; IBM Rochester; IBM Zurich Laboratory; Dept. of Statistics and Computer Science, University College London.